Below are Index and Category Lists of evidence filed by the Interveners in MPUC case 2011-00262 (our grassroots effort to stop the exploitative deployment of not-so-smart meters in the State of Maine). In most category PDFs, there are some items shaded in yellow with the notation “Copy Filed in Docket.” These are documents filed in their entirety (not included here). Unbelievably, CMP (Central [Sp]aine Power) has motioned to exclude all filed evidence.
Regardless, these 1,400 or so references in various iterations will be a tremendous resource for anyone working on the “smart” meter issue. In most of the Category Lists, peer-reviewed journals are designated by “PRJ.” Also included are the PUC filing dates and filing numbers.
Thanks so much to Dianne Wilkins and Suzanne Foley-Ferguson for compiling this overwhelming body of evidence. It was a herculean task and, if allowed into evidence, it will help our cause as much if not more than anything else. Assuming of course, the Maine PUC staff reads the materials . . . —By Ed Friedman
1. Precautionary Principal and Research Gaps
1.A Evidence to support the use of the Precautionary Principal in public policy on RFR (filed 02/01/13, 14 PRJ* studies). 1A-1C are in one filing. PUC # 193. 1.A-1.C: Corrected Filing 03/20/13, PUC # 438
1.B Peer-reviewed, published articles by government agencies on the use of the Precautionary Principal in Public Policy to protect public health (filed 02/01/13, 29 PRJ)
1.C The Precautionary Principal has recently (2008 to 2012) been applied to US public health policies, environmental policies, medical policies, and other industries: (filed 02/1/13, 9 PRJ)
1.D Research gaps in the study of RFR effects on children & long term exposures require the use of precaution (filed 02/01/13, 8 PRJ, 5 other). PUC # 194
2. Eye Studies
2.0 Evidence that exposure to RFR can cause adverse biological effects to eyes (filed 03/05/13, 21 PRJ). PUC # 411
3. Reproductive System: Sperm, Fertility & Reproductive Studies
3.A Evidence of biological effects of EMF/RF radiation exposure on sperm, reproduction, fertility & pregnancy (filed 02/18/13, 87 PRJ) 3A & B are in one filing. PUC # 251
3.B Other relevant Reviews on these topics (filed 02/18/13, 2 PRJ)
4. Children and Fetus Studies
4.A Evidence of biological effects of RFR exposure on neonatal, fetus & children (filed 02/18/13, 65 PRJ) 4A & B are in one filing. PUC # 262
4.B Other reviews of evidence by doctors and scientist that conclude the possibility of adverse biological effects on children/fetus from RFR (filed 02/18/13, 15 PRJ).
5. Genotoxic (DNA) Studies
5. Evidence of genotoxic, gene expression, & chromosomal effects from EMF exposure (filed 02/11/13, 186 PRJ). PUC # 220, Corrected Filing 04/3/13. PUC # 456
6. Neurological & Blood Brain Barrier Studies
6.A Evidence of neurodegenerative & neurological effects (includes BBB) biological effects from exposure to RFR (filed 03/04/13, 167 PRJ). 6A & B are in one filing. PUC # 383. Corrected Filing 03/22/13. PUC # 444.
6.B Relevant studies found on this topic that have not been listed as being reviewed by any scientific groups previously named in 6A above (filed 03/04/13, 10 PRJ).
6.C Evidence of research bias known as the “funding effect” has been found within EMF radiation research conducted to determine Genotoxic effects & cancer (filed 03/04/13).
7. Wildlife, Animal & Plant Studies
7. RFR effects on Wildlife, Animals, and Plants (List filed 03/05/13-PUC file #406; Corrected Filing 4/09/13; 76 PRJ, 8 other docs) PUC # 468
8. Telecom/Industry Reports & Studies
8. Telecoms statements, studies, & reports regarding RFR (1 PRJ, 8 other docs) (List filed 3/11/13). Corrected Filing 4/9/13. PUC # 464.
9. Insurance & Liability Reports and Studies
9. Insurance and Liability of wireless communication carriers (1 PRJ; 23 documents) (List filed 3/13/13 PUC#433) Corrected Filing 4-8-13. PUC # 464.
10. Other Testimony, Including Legal from Other Cases
10. Other testimony of experts on EMF from other EMF cases (23 documents) (List filed 3/29/13 PUC # 449). Corrected Filing 4/8/13. PUC # 464.
11. Electrical Hypersensitivity (EHS) Reports, Standards, Studies
11.A Evidence of EMF radiation causing EHS (List filed 03/05/13, 91 PRJ) 11A & B are one filing. PUC # 404.
11.B Part B -Recognition of EHS in the United States and Other Countries (List filed 03/05/13, 29 studies PRJ). Repeated Filing 4/10/13 PUC 470, Corrected Filing 4/10/13 PUC # 471
12. Immune System Studies
12. Evidence of immune effects from exposure to RFR (filed 02/28/13, 36 PRJ). PUC # 308.
13. Oxidative Stress Studies
13. A Evidence of adverse biological effects of oxidative stress from RFR exposure (filed 02/26/13, 55 PRJ). 13A & B in one filing. PUC # 286. Corrected Filing 03/28/13 PUC # 448
13.B Studies describing the role of oxidative stress in DNA damage, cancer, neurodegenerative diseases and human fertility (filed 02/26/13, 6 PRJ)
14. Mechanism of Biological Effects Studies
14. Studies showing mechanisms for RFR effects on biological bodies (filed 03/05/13, 65 PRJ). PUC # 410
15. Reviews of Biological Effects
15. Evidence: Comprehensive Reviews of Biological Effects of EMF (filed 02/28/13, last revised filing on 03/05/13, 134 PRJ) PUC File # 408. Corrected Filing 03/28/13. PUC # 447.
16. 2.4 GHz Effects Studies
16. Biological effects of EMF at 2.4 GHz of radiofrequency (filed 2/28/13, revised filing on 03/04/13, 79 PRJ). PUC File # 366. Corrected Filing 04/1/13. PUC # 451.
17. Low Power Density Effects/Studies
17. Evidence of effects of EMF at low power densities (filed 03/04/13; 45 PRJ). PUC # 376. Corrected Filing 04/1/13. PUC # 454
18. Studies of Funding Bias, Effects & Conflict of Interest
18. Studies showing evidence of bias, funding effect, and conflict of interest in EMR Research (13 PRJ studies; 26 other; filed 03/05/13 PUC # 405, Corrected Filing 04/08/13 PUC # 465
19. No filings under this number
20. Testimony from Other EMF Proceedings and Cases
20. Testimony from other state PUC and/or court cases; files from other MPUC cases (23 docs) List Filed 4/09/13- PUC # 468
21. Expert Reviews of CA. Council of Science & Technology Report
21. Experts reviews of the CA CCST report (17 Expert reviews; filed 02/26/13). Revised filing 3/21/13, Corrected Filing 4/8/13. PUC # 465